Monday 14 May 2012

...dreams of planning a time travelers ball...

Hands up if you enjoy that overwhelming urge to put into practice something you've seen online??

I do. I enjoy it very much and frequently :)


There's a place near to where I live, it's called a Castle but is more of a mansion in ruins...think the mansion in Great Expectations (the Gwyneth Paltrow versus Ethan Hawke version) and it overlooks the ocean from high 'atop' a cliff. Frankly it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen but have never been able to get near it. 

 



Fueled by images like these...it's easy to dream about holding an event in such a place :) 




I love ghost stories, masquerade balls, dramatic scenes of anything taking on a life of it's own so I think the mesh dresses would look amazing on a croquet lawn matched up with suits and lit with different colors (at night of course)...and the umbrellas!! They remind me of the mops in The Sorcerers Apprentice (Disney). Such a fantastic idea!

Any-who, might do it for my 30th lol :P Who knows?

Off to bed, keep shining xxx

2 comments:

  1. My great uncle used to own Larnach's Castle waayyyy back. Some good memories up there during the high school years (don't think we were allowed to be there then either!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's so cool :) I haven't been to Larnach's in years but it's an amazing building. This 'castle' is Cargill's (former Mayor of Dunedin I think). The architect also designed the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament among others. He's buried in Andy Bay Cemetery...we stumbled across his name during a cemetery-walk. I think his name is Frances Petre? I'd do love to there :) sigh...

    ReplyDelete