Friday 11 May 2012

aahhhh...(chuckles)...good times :)

Where is that moderately sized rock to hide under when you need it?!

Today was one of those glorious days...I'm sure some of you have had them.
You know, the ones where you haven't quite had enough of that delicious, tasty FOOT!! And NO! I'm not talking about fetishes. Although, some people to have fetishes for the blushers that walk among us. Another irrational fear to add to the list.

1. A dialogue...

Me: (smiles cheekily - god only knows what that really looks like) Do you think you could tell the landlord we need a new toilet?

Handyman: But, this toilet is fully functional...

Me: I know (more hideous smiles) but, it's very ugly and old...I don't think it should be making that tapping noise.

Handyman: I see...

Me: The plumber who was here last, he told me to tell the property manager to get the landlord to replace this toilet...on it's last legs etc...

Handyman: A wee secret then...I'm your landlord.

Me: shite.

So what did I do?
I made him a cuppa tea and acted like nothing had happened.

2. A scenario...

We're in the car sitting at a set of lights when I notice a man trying to lock his bike to a tree next to our car.

He looks very familiar.

I'm staring. I'm really trying to figure out how I know him and at the exact moment I realize who he is, he stares straight back at us. 


"Poor dude" said The Rock, as the man grimly picks up his bike and wheels it to the nearest lamp-post.

I'm blushing and beginning to sweat a little...partly due to (A.) the fact we are completely stationary and I've just been caught blatantly staring at one of the (few...) 'romantic figures from my past', I desperately wanted to drive off; and (B.) because the whole time I was staring I hadn't realized that he'd been unable to lash his bike to the tree due to his lock being too short.

This all happened on the same day...today. Due to be over in 25 minutes.

On the upside, yesterday I successfully made my first batch of Gluten Free cupcakes for Mum and Dad's dinner party.

Also, Firecracker has locked onto Wrong Direction and dances with carefree abandon to all of their Greatest Hits (it'll probably be available by Xmas)...might post a video depending on crap internet provisions.

Keep shining...or in my case blushing and sweating :P
xxx



1 comment:

  1. Bloody sneaky landlord is all I can say! It's kinda deceitful that he's in your house checking out how it's all looking etc while not letting you know he actually owns said house! That just seems a bit too sneaky for my liking - definitely deserves a new toilet!

    ReplyDelete